2022 Teaching Excellence Grant
Academic and Student Affairs is pleased to announce the opening of the second application period of the Teaching Excellence with Equity grant opportunity. This three year, $5 million grant initiative is aimed at closing equity gaps through teaching excellence and building inclusive classroom environments. Grant dollars should be part of a larger institutional effort for transformational change aimed at closing equity gaps. This grant initiative provides an opportunity for colleges to apply for dollars to provide professional development and implement strategies, particularly those that are data-driven, evidence-based, culturally relevant, and aimed at transforming the classroom environment to be more inclusive and conducive to student success. Though initially approved to kickoff in early 2020, this grant was paused due to the global pandemic. The first round of grant dollars were disbursed in Fall 2021.
Please read through the documents on the following tabs for full program details.
2022 Grant Program Timeline
Week of March 1, 2022 – Grant application period opens. Communicate to colleges with the grant application materials.
April 8, 2022 – Grant Informational Session 1 over Zoom
April 15, 2022 – Teaching Excellence with Equity Symposium
August 12, 2022 – Grant Informational Session 2 over Zoom
September 19, 2022 – Grant application period closes
September 20-October 3, 2022 – Application screening by review committee
Week of October 3, 2022 – Review committee meets to rank and decide on applications to fund
October 6-7, 2022 – Teaching Institute
Week of October 10, 2022 – Notifications to applicants about their application
Late October/Early November 2022 – Funds available to awardees
Informational Sessions & FAQs
Two information sessions will be held over Zoom. These sessions will be recorded and linked here for those unable to attend.
- When do funds from the 2021 Grant Cycle need to be spent down?
- Per the agreement in the executed Understanding of Program (UoP) for your grant, the term for this grant ends December 2022. Ideally we would like to see funds spent by the end of this calendar year. However, we understand what a challenging year it has been and that you may require additional time to be able to complete your grant objectives.
- When is the final report due for the 2021 Grant Cycle funding?
- Reporting should be submitted to our office by January 20, 2023. If additional time is needed to complete grant objectives and spend down funds, please include a detailed plan for that additional time in your reporting.
- Is there a specific format required for the final report?
- There is no required format for your reporting, but please refer back to the information listed in your UoP and grant application for reporting criteria.