The State Faculty Advisory Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board and to the President of the System and shall act in a liaison capacity between the college faculties and the Board. The Faculty Council shall advise and make recommendations to the System President and the Board on polices and other matters of interest and concern to state system community and junior college faculty.
The principal mission of SFAC is to promote and support quality instruction in the Colorado Community College System. SFAC will have an integral part in advising and making recommendations to the Board and CCCS, and facilitating transparent communication to their respective faculty and instructional leadership, in matters including:
- High standards and quality of instruction.
- Faculty welfare and shared governance.
- Board/System policy, procedure, and initiatives.
- Communication among the faculty, Board, CCCS, and the community.
- The role and mission of community colleges within higher education.
- Appropriate use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Budget priorities and allocation.
- Legislative impacting higher education and CCCS.
|Arapahoe Community College||Jenai Rutledge||Representative|
|Colorado Northwestern Community College||Todd Ward||Representative|
|Community College of Aurora||Kelly O’Dell||Representative|
|Community College of Denver||Shirley Smith||Representative|
|Front Range Community College||Catlyn Keenan||Representative|
|Lamar Community College||Brian Gauck||Representative|
|Morgan Community College||Ewan Maggie||Representative|
|Northeastern Junior College||Nathan.Robinson||Representative|
|Otero College||Becky Sporrer||Representative|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Deidre Schoolcraft||Chair|
|Pueblo Community College||Travis Parkhurst||Representative|
|Red Rocks Community College||Eleanor Camann||Representative|
|Trinidad State College||Dr. Paul Boone||Representative|
SFAC Meeting Schedule
Meetings will typically be held on the first Friday of the month 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Meetings are not held in June, July, or December