WHAT IS APPRENTICESHIP?
Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential.
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn an average of $300,000 more over their career when compared to peers who don’t
- After apprenticeship completion, 94% of apprentices retain employment
- The average salary after apprenticeship completion is $70,000
(Source: USDOL apprenticeship.gov)
BENEFITS OF APPRENTICESHIP:
Apprenticeship is a proven strategy for talent development.
- Recruit, train, and retain a skilled workforce
- ‘Grow your own’ talent to meet your specific needs
- Access a more diverse candidate pool
For potential apprentices:
Apprenticeship is an opportunity to receive hands-on career training, an education, and a paycheck!
- Get paid while you go to school
- Earn college credit for your apprenticeship
- Gain the skills and credentials needed to work in one of Colorado’s fastest-growing industries
APPRENTICESHIP AT CCCS
CCCS helps companies build apprenticeship programs to meet their needs while supporting apprentices in accessing in-demand jobs through an earn and learn model.
CCCS colleges have been longstanding partners in providing related training and instruction for apprenticeship programs. Recently, colleges are taking increasingly diverse roles in supporting this talent development strategy, including serving in a variety of intermediary roles up through being a program sponsor.
Some highlights of apprenticeships at CCCS include the following:
- Water Quality Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Arborist Construction
- And more coming soon….
CCCS has received two U.S. Department of Labor grants to develop and expand apprenticeships.
- To learn more about the CO-HELPS grant to expand healthcare apprenticeships, visit the CO-HELPS page.
- To learn more about the CO-TECH grant to expand IT/cybersecurity apprenticeships, visit the CO-TECH page.
- For a comprehensive list of apprenticeships in Colorado, visit the Colorado Registered Apprenticeship Programs Directory