The Workforce Development Committee includes representatives from System colleges who convene with the following overarching goals:
- Support Board-level priorities and Strategic Plan goals for workforce engagement and partnership development
- Inform a Systemwide workforce development strategy
- Coordinate workforce-related asset mapping across the System
- Establish, maintain, and scale multi-organization/agency partnerships
- Ensure coordinated responsiveness to industry partners
- Promote resource-sharing to increase efficiencies and alignment
- Conduct centralized capacity-building to support college-level initiatives
- Quickly assess systemwide interest and capacity for pursuing workforce-related grant opportunities
- Identify opportunities for awarding credit for prior learning for work experiences and industry recognized credentials
Workforce initiatives addressed by the WDC include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Work-based learning
- Workforce education and training
- Credit for prior learning
- Business engagement and partnership
- Career pathways
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship Community of Practice (ACOP)
ACOP is a practitioner-driven community that arose to discuss ideas, resources, challenges, and opportunities for collaboration surrounding apprenticeship development among CCCS colleges.
Meetings are held monthly and facilitated by Janel Highfill, Associate Vice President Workforce, Partnerships & Resource Development, Community College of Aurora.
ACOP minutes and resources can be found on the ACOP Microsoft Teams site.
This community is open to any CCCS employee working to develop and implement apprenticeship programs. To join, please email email@example.com.
Cyber SME Team
The cybersecurity subject matter expert group meets regularly to discuss cybersecurity-related topics including curriculum alignment, apprenticeship development, career pathways, and aligned employer engagement.
This group is open to CCCS cybersecurity/IT faculty, deans, and subject matter experts. To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One to two representatives from each CCCS college as designated by the College President.
|Arapahoe Community College||Eric Dunker|
|Arapahoe Community College||Julie Beggs|
|Community College of Aurora||Janel Highfill|
|Community College of Denver/td>||Fida Obeidi|
|Community College of Denver||Matthew Sweeney|
|Colorado Northwestern Community College||Keith Peterson|
|Colorado Northwestern Community College||Sasha Nelson|
|Front Range Community College||Lynn Vosler|
|Front Range Community College||Matt Jamison|
|Lamar Community College||Lisa Schlotterhausen|
|Morgan Community College||Andrea Lheureux|
|Northeastern Community College||Open|
|Otero Junior College||Calandra Lockhart|
|Otero Junior College||Kim Grimsley|
|Pueblo Community College||Todd Ecklund|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Josh Baker|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Chelsy Harris|
|Red Rocks Community College||Linda Comeaux|
|Red Rocks Community College||Liz Cox|
|Trinidad State Junior College||James Kynor|
|Trinidad State Junior College||LoriRae Hamilton|
-Monthly update calls on the third Thursday of the month from 2pm-3pm (Feb, Mar, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, and Dec)
-Quarterly three-hour discussion-based convening in alignment with Skill Advance meetings (January, April, July and October)
|August 20, 2020|
|September 18, 2020|
|October 16, 2020 (Joint Skill Advance)|
|November 20, 2020|
|December 18, 2020|