COLORADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM
SYSTEM PRESIDENT’S PROCEDURE
Cellular Phone, PDA Device, and Aircard Usage
EFFECTIVE: September 23, 1999
RETITLED: September 14, 2000
RETITLED: August 25, 2001
REVISED: March 12, 2009
REVISED: December 2, 2010
REVISED: April 4, 2011
REFERENCE: Electronic Communication Policy, BP 3-125
/ Nancy J. McCallin /
Nancy J. McCallin, Ph.D.
This procedure applies to the central System staff employees.
In conducting System business, employees sometimes find it necessary to use a Cellular Phone, PDA Device or AirCard. The following procedure shall govern the use of Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards that are owned by the System.
Availability of Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards
- System staff may use operating funds to purchase state-issued Cellular Phone, PDA Device and AirCard as provided below for use in conducting System business.
- System staff may at times use personal Cellular Phone, PDA Device or AirCard to conduct System business.
The employee can request reimbursement for such use by submitting a copy of their phone bill on which the business calls can be documented. The regular travel expense reimbursement request form should be used.
Guidelines for Purchase
In order to use operating funds to purchase a state-issued Cellular Phone, PDA Device or an AirCard, the following guidelines must be followed:
- The employee must obtain written permission from his/her Vice President. The Vice President should determine that the state benefits by purchasing a Cellular Phone, PDA Devices or AirCard for the employee. Circumstances such as the amount of time an employee spends traveling and/or the need to contact an employee quickly should also be considered.
- The employee shall acknowledge receipt of a copy of this procedure prior to being issued the Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards.
- Employee/Department will submit approval with copy of SP3-125b attached to IT Department for processing. Selection of vendor will be done in consultation with the IT Department.
By using the State purchased Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards, the employee agrees to:
- Use the Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards to conduct state business only with only limited and incidental personal use.
- Reimburse the state for all costs associated with personal use (calculated as personal call minutes used/total call minutes used X total monthly bill for call minutes) by attaching a check to the Cellular Phone, PDA Device and AirCard bill when it is presented for payment.
- Make reasonable efforts to safeguard the Cellular Phone, PDA Devices and AirCards.
- Make reasonable effort to avoid late charges by promptly presenting all invoices for payment as soon as received by the employee or the department.
Any violation of above use requirements may lead to the cell phone, PDA device or Air Card to be revoked.
Employee Requesting Cell Phone/PDA Device/AirCard:
(Circle one of the three below)
Vice President’s Approval:
Return the approved request to Alice Dall, IT Department, 1059 Alton Way-Bldg. 758, Denver (303) 595-1570