The State Faculty Advisory Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board and to the President of the System and shall act in a liaison capacity between the college faculties and the Board. The Faculty Council shall advise and make recommendations to the System President and the Board on polices and other matters of interest and concern to state system community and junior college faculty.
The principal mission of SFAC is to promote and support quality instruction in the Colorado Community College System. SFAC will have an integral part in advising and making recommendations to the Board and CCCS, and facilitating transparent communication to their respective faculty and instructional leadership, in matters including:
- High standards and quality of instruction.
- Faculty welfare and shared governance.
- Board/System policy, procedure, and initiatives.
- Communication among the faculty, Board, CCCS, and the community.
- The role and mission of community colleges within higher education.
- Appropriate use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Budget priorities and allocation.
- Legislative impacting higher education and CCCS.
|Community College of Aurora||Kelly O’Dell||Chair|
|Otero Junior College||Lisa Gallegos||Vice Chair|
|Arapahoe Community College||Martha Thayer||Recorder|
|Community College of Denver||Thomas Williams||Representative|
|Colorado Northwestern Community College||Sarah Owens||Representative|
|Front Range Community College||Ayelet Zur-Nayberg||Representative|
|Lamar Community College||Joseph Shields||Representative|
|Morgan Community College||Elizabeth Huard||Representative|
|Northeastern Junior College||Kent Ross||Representative|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Cathy Henrichs||Representative|
|Pueblo Community College||Mark Nicks||Representative|
|Red Rocks Community College||Amy Braziller||Representative|
|Trinidad State Junior College||Kathy Carpenter||Representative|
SSAC Meeting Schedule
Meetings are always on the 1st Friday of the month 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the CCCS Lowry Campus.